Screaming Bad Halloween Manicure (Color Club Wild and Willing over With Abandon)

This Halloween mani was far less successful than my previous one.  I have just recently started experimenting with layering polishes  and was inspired to try this combo by this post from Steph of Steph's Closet.  When she layered Color Club in Wild and Willing over Color Club in With Abandon (both from the Fall 2009 "Wild at Heart" collection), it looked like a beautiful patina had formed on some wrought iron.

I used one coat of Color Club in Witchy Woman/Master of Disguise (a plain black creme from the Halloween 2009 "Master of Disguise" mini set) as a base for one coat of Color Club in With Abandon and two coats of Wild and Willing.  However, I think my technique was just not as good as Steph's.  When I did some clean-up by my cuticles, the top layer of Wild and Willing came off, showing the black layer underneath, which made the mani look sloppy to me.  I also think thinner coats would have served me bettter.

In all, I don't think I'll be layering these two color's together again.  It's a shame, since I bought Wild and Willing because I thought it would look so good layered over With Abandon - maybe next time I'll try it over a deep blue or violet.  I do like With Abandon on its own, but I would say it's not super unique, although it is a jelly.  It's similar to Chanel in Or de Russie, Dolce & Gabbana in Stromboli, and China Glaze in Wagon Trail - darker and less shimmery than the Chanel or D&G and a bit blacker and glossier with a touch more shimmer than the China Glaze.

Comments

  1. I really don't wanna be vulgar, but the first thing i thought when i saw this was "fuck, yeah! this is GORGEOUS!!"
    Color Club isn't available in my country (Singapore) so i'll never be able to get my hands on this..but damn, this is REALLY lovely!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thank you! Sometimes things are just best described with a little swearing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back