OPI in Live and Let Die

Indirect natural light

Here is OPI in Live and Let Die from the Holiday 2012 James Bond "Skyfall" collection. This is one of the few from this collection that I snatched up. I like the whole collection, but only a few seemed special enough to justify a purchase at this point in my collecting life. I got a lot of compliments on this one.

I wear a lot of vampies in the fall and winter, and this is a great vampy in a non-traditional color. OPI describes Live and Let Die as a "private jet black," but it's really a bit lighter - a blackened green-leaning teal creme with small gold flake shimmer. The shimmer isn't in-your-face, but it's not hidden either. The base reminds me of a cross between OPI in Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow and Sephora by OPI in Dark Room, but unlike those polishes, it is not at all sheer. Like those polishes, it has a slight dusty quality to it. In low light it does look just black, but in most light the green is apparent.

OPI designed this polish very well. It would be opaque in 1 medium-thick coat (I used 2 thin coats), but the shimmer still has some depth to it, where it's lying slightly under the base and peeking through. It's not a flat shimmer - it catches the light well - but it's so fine that it doesn't read as a sparkly polish. The formula is flawless - although it did feel like the ProWide brush was wider than usual in my bottle.

My pictures this time are not ideal. It took 4 days for the sun to come out, so my sunlight pictures show scratches, because I had filed my nails the night before. And my flash pictures have a blanket fiber on my index finger, which I didn't notice until I was editing. Apologies!

Worn October 17 - 21, 2012.

Direct sunlight
Direct flash 

I'm sure you've already seen plenty of swatches, but here are my favorites: Ommorphia Beauty BarLucy's Stash, The PolishAholic swatches and comparisonsPolish Insomniac, ANA from Nail Boarders Unite!, Let Them Have Polish!, Vampy Varnish, and Frazzle and Aniploish swatches and comparisons.

Did you pick up Live and Let Die? What are your favorite green vampies?

Comments

  1. Kat - Thank you! I wish my photographs could have showed it off better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back