Chanel in Coco Blue

Direct sunlight
Chanel in Coco Blue is from the Fall 2011 Fashion's Night Out "Jeans de Chanel" collection. It is completely unique in my collection - it's not as light as a pastel or sky blue; it's more of a baby blue. This shimmer has more of a pearl finish in a creme formula, which helps the polish to not look chalky in low light. In moderate light and sunlight the shimmer is obvious - it's not one of Chanel's hidden shimmers, but it's a creme polish with white pearl shimmer, not a shimmer polish. The blue tone is pretty neutral - it leans slightly warm on me due to my skin tone, but it can also look cooler in certain lighting.

I don't know if I should be embarrassed that this mani was inspired by a Makeup Alley Nail Board post of Kristen Stewart's nails here. Whatever, this color is awesome, and I'm not sorry! Worn August 6 - 13, 2012.

Direct sunlight
This formula had a good viscosity, but it is streaky. I used this application method of Tasijas's, described on the Nail Board here. I used my Chanel base coat, which is the old formula, Base Lumière Protectrice Protective Base Coat. As I said in my Chanel and Wear post, this really works to keep my Chanel's from chipping. I've not tried the new base coat, since this bottle has lasted me for a few years. I followed my base coat with a thin coat of Coco Blue and topped it with a coat of Seche Vite top coat. I let this dry completely and then added another thin coat of Coco Blue, then topped with another coat of Seche Vite. The application really was much easier using this method, but I should have applied my second coat of Coco Blue a tiny bit thicker. You can see that my ring finger has one area, where I applied too thinly over the Seche Vite, so it looks patchy. You can't tell from a normal distance, but of course the macro picks this up! This isn't because of application issues, but because I was doing this at night while watching TV. I love the Olympics, y'all. LOVE! So much amazingness on display. Also, I am not taking away from the athleticism, mental strength, or national unity on display, but, um, just click here and here.

Yeeeee-aaaaaaah.


As I said, this polish is totally unique to my collection, with nothing even close in tone. It is much darker than Chanel in Riva for reference; also, see the bottom of this post for links to more comparisons. I don't own Nubar in NJC1, which is from their "Jeans" collection that tried to dupe the Chanel colors, but from pictures I've seen, it's a pretty close match.

Direct sunlight
Direct sunlight
Direct sunlight
Direct sunlight
Direct sunlight
Direct sunlight
Diffused flash
Diffused flash
Indirect natural light 
Indirect natural light
Close up of shimmer; direct sunlight

To see more of Chanel in Coco Blue, check out The Beauty Look Book (swatches, comparisons), Café Makeup (swatches, compared with Nubar in NJC1), Polish Police (swatchesgradient, feet warning, compared with Nars in Kutki and others), À La Peach, Fashion Polish, Audreyeleven's FlickrOmmorphia Beauty BarPointless Cafe, All Lacquered Up (video comparing Nubar in NJC1), LacquerWearPolish or Perish, Front Row BeautyTemptalia,  Makeup and Beauty Blog, and Frazzle and Aniploish.

So does this look like a unique blue to you? What TV are you watching right now? Do you freaking love the Olympics as much as I do?

Comments

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back