Chanel in Diwali + Comparisons

Direct sunlight
Here I'm wearing Chanel in Diwali. Diwali was released with the Summer 2012 "Bombay Express de Chanel" collection. It's is still available on Chanel.com!

This is a polish I imagine will look horrible on me in the winter when I'm at my maximum paleness, but it's very pretty with a tan. It's a white-gold metallic foil. It also has the signature Chanel subtle-shimmer in green and red.

The formula was perfect. I used 2 thin coats. I know it looks like there are brushstrokes on my index finger, but it was not visible in person. The removal was easier than most foils - more like Chanel in #479 Kaleidoscope than Chanel in #607 Delight.

Worn September 28 - October 2, 2012.

Indirect natural light
Indirect natural light
Indirect natural light - indoors
Direct flash 
These two show the green and red shimmers:

Direct flash
Direct sunlight
Direct sunlight - sunset

Comparisons with Chanel foils:

Left to right: Chanel in #479 Kaleidoscope, Chanel in Diwali, Chanel in #607 Delight
Left to right: Chanel in #607 Delight, Chanel in Diwali, Chanel in #479 Kaleidoscope

Comparison with similar metallics/shimmers:


Left to right: Nicole by OPI in Sea How Far You Go, Chanel in #479 Kaleidoscope, Chanel in Diwali, Nina in Velveteen Rabbit, SH Complete Salon Manicure in #810 Gilty Pleasure, Icing in Golden Child

Comparison with Orly in Luxe:

Left to right: Orly in Luxe, Chanel in Diwali

The Beauty Look Book swatches and comparisons, Polish Police swatches and comparisons, Audreyeleven's Flickr swatch, Polish Wasteland swatches and comparisons, Temptalia swatches, joey'space swatches and comparisons, Polish or Perish comparison, and Indigo Kir Royale swatches and comparisons.

So what do you think of Diwali? What's your favorite gold? Everyone on the East Coast, I'm thinking of you, and I hope you get through Sandy safe and sound.

Comments

  1. Chanel Diwali is a lemming of mine, and it will probably stay that way because it was never available in my country :( Such a perfect shade of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalia - Oh, it sucks when brands do that! Have you tried asking any of the ladies on the Specktra boards if they would be willing to do a custom purchase? I have found them to be so lovely and helpful. I hope eventually this polish makes its way to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back