Lynnderella in Happy Holo-Daze! over OPI in GoldenEye

Direct sunlight

I ended up topping OPI in GoldenEye with Lynnderella in Happy Holo-Daze! Happy Holo-Daze! was released with the Holiday 2011 "Funny Money and Holiday Houseguests" collection. Lynn describes it as "a clear base with green and red squares and hexagons, red, green, silver and gold holographic microglitter." On my nails I found red and green square glitter in extra large and large sizes, holographic hexagonal glitter in extra large and large sizes, large gold, red, and green hexagonal glitter, small red and green hexagonal glitter, and red and green bar glitter, and holographic microglitter. On my ring finger there's also an extra fat red bar glitter, but I don't know if it's a weirdly cut square glitter or what. This is a very festive glitter and it's a nice option to have, but I do like the relative simplicity of China Glaze in Party Hearty better.

Haha, looking at these pictures I'm getting nostalgic for my summer cuticles - look how moisturized they are!

I can't remember whether I used 1 or 2 coats of Happy Holo-Daze! but it was pretty easy to apply as the base was thin. I did do some dabbing for placement of the larger glitters. I think I did 1 coat of Gelous and 1 coat of Seche Vite, but there could be 1 more coat of Gelous in there.

Worn December 19, 2012.

Indirect natural light
Direct sunlight - blurred to show the holo
Indirect natural light - indoors
Indirect sunlight
Direct sunlight


Here are some more options for layering Happy Holo-Daze!: Steffels (over black creme), More Nail Polish (over gold foil), Rachel Marie's Nails (over charcoal shimmer), Adventures of a Mad Scientist (over yellow gold metallic). Also found The Polish Haven (over white creme), and Manicure Addict (over vampy green with iridescent glitter).

What do you think of Happy Holo-Daze!? Would you pick this up for the holidays?

Comments

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back