Chanel in Sky Line

Indirect natural light

Here is Chanel in Sky Line. Sky Line was released with the Fall 2012 "Bleu Illusion de Chanel" collection. It is still available, although it is a limited-edition polish (by the way, this is why when people get frantic about snatching up Chanel limited-editions, I tend to tell them to calm down a bit - Chanel is actually pretty good about keeping limited-editions in stock for at least a month - including Jade, the Khakis, and Malice - much much better than MAC and even Rescue Beauty Lounge). As I collect Le Vernis, I wasn't conflicted about purchasing Sky Line, but I know many people were worried because of the frost. However, blitherypoop on NB came up with a sponging technique that helps bring out shimmers in shy polishes and eliminate brushstrokes in frosty ones, so you can see from my pictures that I didn't have to deal with brushstrokiness. Without the brushstrokes you can appreciate that this color is truly beautiful and unique. It reminds me of Cinderella and Marie Antoinette. I always seem to be saying this, but was really hard to get this to photograph accurately - it wanted to go too purple or too green, so I'm sorry these photographs aren't the best resolution.

I used 3 thin coats because the formula was a little sheer, with the last one sponged on using a sponge-tip eyeshadow applicator, a technique I previously used for my teal Ovarian Cancer Awareness gradient. When you sponge, it does dry with a slightly bumpy texture, but using top coat gets rid of that. Apart from the frostiness, the formula on Sky Line was lovely.

I have two big project deadlines on Monday and Tuesday, so I don't have time to edit my new batch of photos right now (seriously guys, the picture below is but a portion of the books I've been reading - not to mention the eBooks and hundreds of journal articles! I feel like death.), but coming up soon after, I will have Chanel in #583 Taboo to show you, along with comparisons (there is one polish that is about a 90% match, although it was a limited-edition polish).

From my Instagram, @jennypoo27

Worn December 4 - 7, 2013.

Indirect natural light
Direct flash
Direct flash
Indirect natural light
Indirect natural light
Indirect natural light
Indirect natural light
Indirect natural light
Indirect natural light

There aren't a ton of swatches of Sky Line, but these are ones I found to be color-accurate (others show it too bright, periwinkle, or green-toned): The Beauty Look Book swatches and comparisons, Polish Police swatches and comparisons, Audreyeleven's Flickr swatch, Indigo Kir Royale swatches and comparisons, Ommorphia Beauty Bar swatches, Temptalia swatches, and A Polish Addict swatches.

Do you have any frosty polishes? And what do you think of Sky Line?

Comments

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back