Chanel in #563 Vertigo

Direct sunlight

Okay, first, I want to apologize for these pictures. Due to winter light-searching, it took a few days to get sunlight pictures, so there is some scratching on my top coat. And, I think this is when my best friend's life started to implode, and I was pretty stressed out, which is reflected in how scary-tight my fingers are gripping the bottle in many of these pictures. It also left me little time for clean-up; I can tell I only used an orange stick and didn't do any clean-up with acetone and a brush, so my application is less tidy than I'd like macro to capture. It's making me cringe!

I'm wearing Chanel in #563 Vertigo. Vertigo was released with the Fall 2012 "Les Essentiels de Chanel" collection. I'll admit that it was around this collection that I started to get a little antsy with the Le Vernis releases. I mentioned last post that I have my Chanel's on a wall rack, and I was feeling a little uninspired when I went to choose a color. Vertigo is a bit of a disappointment as far as polish inspiration goes. It's a nice color that's surprisingly unique for a deep taupe, but the promos and the shimmer in the bottle promised much more. This is one of the most subtle of Chanel's hidden shimmers. It is just barely visible in full light and only if you're looking closely for it. This does make it a work-friendly color, but it isn't quite special enough to make me excited. The color is a slightly cool, purple-leaning taupe (deeper than Paradoxal). There are subtle gold, white, and red shimmers, with the red shimmer dominating. But seriously, don't buy this polish if you want to see the shimmer.

The formula was great. I used 2 thin coats.

Worn November 12 - 17, 2012.

Direct flash
Direct sunlight 

Indirect natural light
Direct sunlight - sunset
Direct flash
Direct flash
Direct flash

More pictures of Vertigo can be found here: The Beauty Look Book swatches and comparisons, Polish or Perish swatches, Ommorphia Beauty Bar swatches and comparisons, My Lucite Dreams swatches, Audreyeleven swatch, Temptalia swatches, Vampy Varnish swatches, and Polish Police (color-inaccurate, but has comparisons that are a helpful reference point).

Do you like Vertigo enough to buy it? Is there a polish brand that you've been disappointed in lately?

Comments

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back