OPI in Don't Touch My Tutu! over Lynnderella in Love, Lace and Lilacs over Rescue Beauty Lounge in Pizzicato

OPI in Don't Touch My Tutu! over Lynnderella in Love, Lace and Lilacs over Rescue Beauty Lounge in Pizzicato (indirect natural light, indoors)
You're seeing a picture of my right hand! I preferred how the glitter turned out on the right better, so I took some pictures of both hands. It wasn't as tricky as I thought it would be! I chose this manicure to give a better showing to Lynn's gorgeous glitters and also to capitalize on my burgeoning summer tan. This pops really nicely against my skin, and is a perfect counter-punch to the bright pops of color in my wardrobe. I'm really happy with how this turned out!

This combo is 1 coat of OPI in Don't Touch My Tutu! over 2 coats of Lynnderella in Love, Lace and Lilacs over 3 coats of Rescue Beauty Lounge in Pizzicato. I used 2 coats of Gelous and 1 coat of Seche Vite, and it's not perfectly smooth, but also not bothersome. It surprisingly doesn't look thick, but I was conscious of using thin, even coats. 

OPI in Don't Touch My Tutu! is a buildable white jelly. It is from the Spring 2012 Soft Shades "NYC Ballet" collection. You can probably tell from how much I've used the polishes that I love that collection! They are all non-streaky, beautiful, buildable jellys - super versatile. I would have worn one of the Soft Shades alone, but my nails are stained from this manicure. Don't Touch My Tutu! is a pure ivory compared to Essie in Marshmallow, which is more yellow-toned. I also think it's easier to apply DTMT because of the Pro-Wide brush - if you're not careful Marshmallow can get streaks. 

Lynnderella in Love, Lace and Lilacs is from the Winter 2012 "Lovely is as Lovely Does" collection and as far as I know is still available through the wishlist system. It was a bit harder for me to apply than Lynnderella in Mercurial. There's more small glitter in LLL, so it stuck more readily and was less receptive to being moved around on the nail. I've included a comparison of LLL and Snow Angel at the bottom of this post. 

All pictures of my complete manicure were taken in indirect natural light, indoors. Worn June 8 - 17, 2012.


Rescue Beauty Lounge in Pizzicato (flash)
Rescue Beauty Lounge in Pizzicato is from the Pre-Fall 2011 "L'Oiseau de Feu" collection and is still available. Once RBL polishes that aren't part of her very small core collection are sold out, they're gone, so if you like this color keep that in mind. Pizzicato is a beautiful delicate pink-lilac with white/silver fleck shimmer. This is three very thin coats and you can see that it's not completely even or opaque, but I was fine with this because it was my base color. If I were applying this to wear alone, I would do two thin coats and a thicker third coat.

















Lynderella in Snow Angel and Lynnderella in Love, Lace and Lilacs are fairly similar polishes. My swatch didn't get any of the bar glitter in LLL, but if you shake up the bottle, you shouldn't have a problem getting any on the brush. Snow Angel is from the "First Edition" collection, but still available through wishlist order. Below shows LLL on top and SA on bottom. SA is a denser glitter: what you see is 1 coat versus LLL's 2 coats. SA has opalescent white glitter and the glitter is overall medium to small - medium hex and square glitter and small hex glitter. Both SA and LLL have subtle silver/white shimmer. LLL has a mix of flat white glitter (when I say flat I mean not shiny or reflective - similar to the neon glitters in polishes like Nail-Venturous in Floam) and opalescent white glitter. The size ranges wider with LLL; it has the same shimmer as SA, the same small hex glitter in SA (but possibly flat rather than opalescent), the same medium hex glitter from SA (opalescent), large hex glitter (flat), and thin bar glitter (flat). In summary, the difference from SA is LLL is less dense, does not have the square glitter, and has flat large hex and thin bar glitter.



Lynnderella in Love, Lace and Lilacs (top), Lynnderella in Snow Angel (bottom)

Here are some other ways people have applied Lynnderella in Love, Lace and Lilacs: Jen at The PolishAholic put it over a pastel lime creme, Minnie at Polish or Perish put it over a darker nude creme, Kitties26 at More Nail Polish wore it alone and as part of a pretty Konad design, Stef at Steffels wore it over light nude and black-blue cremes, Solveig at Nailin' It! wore it over a bright mid-tone blue creme, Cilucia wore it over a light nude creme (gor-geous!) and over a sheer, white jelly, and Mary at Body and Sould wore it over a sheer, white pearl.

Wanna see more of Rescue Beauty Lounge in Pizzicato? Check out Scrangie, Pam at Polish Police (here and here), Eugenia at Ommorphia Beauty Bar, Michelle at All Lacquered Up, and Kellie at Also Known As....

Swatches of OPI in Don't Touch My Tutu! can be found with Kellie at Also Known As..., Rie at Nails and Noms, Enamel Girl, Cristina at Let Them Have Polish, Kae at The Hungry Asian, Eugenia at Ommorphia Beauty Bar, Jen at The PolishAholic, Vystavil at All You Desire, Kelly at Vampy Varnish, Karen at Frazzle and Aniploish, and Brittany at Clumps of Mascara.

Do you like this combo? Which do you prefer Snow Angel or Love, Lace and Lilacs?

Comments

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back