Chanel in #617 Holiday

Chanel in #617 Holiday
The moment I put this on it rocketed up to being one of my absolute favorite polishes ever. Chanel in #617 Holiday is from this summer's Summer 2012 "Summertime de Chanel" collection. It is a gorgeous burn orange creme - I might even say it's a deep persimmon. In lower lights it can look a bit red-orange, but in general you wouldn't confuse it for a red. I know some people think oranges are hard to pull off, but I think anyone could wear this one. I know it will be equally as flattering when I'm tan, and it's already super flattering on my non-summer skin. I seriously ADORE it. It reminds me of OPI in On the Same Paige from the Summer Brights 2009 "Paige Denim" collection (here's Scrangie's swatch), but I never bought that one, so I don't have it to compare to. I read a review that said it was thick, but I didn't find it thick at all. It was a smooth, easy two coats, it went exactly where I placed it, and it dried glossy and even, no streaks. I had absolutely no problems; I did this manicure in about 15 minutes (including base and top coat) right before I had to run off to a final, which is why it's not absolutely even at the cuticles (you can't tell at all in real life). My nails are a bit longer than I usually wear them and I still haven't had any tipwear - it's holding up fabulously. None of my currently swatched polishes are even close in comparison (see here for a list of my collection). This would look great paired with Rescue Beauty Lounge in IKB:2012! This polish is currently part of Chanel's permanent collection. Worn May 15 - May 22, 2012.

Chanel in #617 Holiday, direct sunlight
Chanel in #617 Holiday, direct sunlight
Chanel in #617 Holiday, indirect sunlght
Chanel in #617 Holiday, indirect sunlight
Chanel in #617 Holiday, direct sunlight.
This photograph is from my Instagram, so there's a filter that makes it look more red. I just liked the color composition!

Comments

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back