Chanel in #519 Rose Exubérant, Chanel in #673 Singulière, & Chanel in #675 Troublante Swatches + Comparisons | Winter 2015 "Rouge Allure" Collection


For Winter 2015 Chanel has released another "Rouge Allure" collection. This includes two new polishes, #673 Singulière and #675 Troublante, and one re-released polish, #519 Rose Exuberant. I have quick and dirty swatches plus comparisons. It's a picture-heavy post everyone!

I am still working on setting up the blog sale! Stay tuned for that and posts on the other Chanel polishes released this year. Coming up as soon as I get the pictures edited is the Holiday 2015 collection. I already have the top coat watched on my Instagram.


Indirect natural light - indoors

Undoubtedly, the star of this collection is #675 Troublante. It is a pinky red metallic with an orange/bronze (primary) and old gold (secondary) shift. The formula is great; it's a bit brushstroke-y, but I didn't add a top coat for these pictures, and I think with a quick dry top coat most of the brushstrokes would be smoothed away. I did 2 thin coats - no black base is required. As with all duochrome polishes, the shift is more apparent out of direct sunlight, but it is a strong shift (I would say stronger than #657 Azuré and #667 Bel-Argus). The old gold shift is mostly seen at the edges of the nail, but at more extreme angles it takes over. This polish is fall in a bottle! Chanel has it listed online as permanent, but I can't imagine that's right. (Side-note: did you notice that they recently discontinued a ton of permanent polishes, including #505 Particulière, #513 Black Pearl, and #583 Taboo? :( A lot of polishes listed as permanent in their Nail category also under Discontinued Favorites, so I would snatch those up while you can.) 

Direct sunlight

Indirect natural light - indoors

I'm including these pictures, which show the extreme shifts, even though they are very unflattering to my fingers!

Direct sunlight

As soon as I saw promo pictures of Troublante, I wondered how similar it would be to China Glaze in Cabin Fever, which was released with the Fall 2015 "The Great Outdoors" collection. They are pretty similar, but a bit more different than my comparison pictures show.

Indirect natural light

Indirect natural light - indoors

Orly in Space Cadet is a murky blue-green base with predominantly warm purple shimmer, but the duochrome shift is similar to Troublante, so I included it. It is a jelly base with flakey metallic shimmer. China Glaze in Cabin Fever is like a mildly more amped up version of Troublante. It has a very similar base, but Cabin Fever is more pink. It also has the same duo chrome shift, but a bit stronger than Troublante's. The formula is also a smoother metallic finish compared to the Chanel's more foil metallic finish. Both have great formulas. You probably don't need both, but I am happy to have them. MAC in Bad Fairy is much more pink with way less shift than the other polishes in a jelly base with flakey metallic shimmer. I love all of these polishes, but Troublante and Cabin Fever are most flattering on me.

#673 Singulière is another one of those beautiful Chanel crèmes that you think you must have a dupe for, but I couldn't find one in my collection. This is a gorgeous berry red with a perfect formula, bright but also deep and not vampy. It is opaque in 1 coat, but I did 2 thin coats to achieve bottle color.

Indirect natural light

Direct sunlight

The closest Chanel polishes I found are #533 April and #609 Coup de Coeur. Both are lighter (April verges on a deep pink) and have a more dusty quality to them.

Indirect natural light

Sally Hansen Salon in Beet Stain (long discontinued) is lighter, more pink, and a crelly formula. American Apparel in Berry is the same brightness but a bit deeper and more purple. They are more different than my picture shows, but my camera wouldn't pick it up.

Indirect natural light

China Glaze in Stroll and BB Couture in Dragon's Breath are the most similar in terms of base color, but they are both jelly polishes with shimmer/glitter.

Indirect natural light

#519 Rose Exubérant is the outlier of the collection. This is not a winter polish to me, although I first got it with the Winter 2011 "Rouge Allure Velvet" collection, so Chanel really thinks it is! Rose Exubérant is a mid-tone neutral pink crème with a perfect formula. I did 2 thin coats, but if you do thicker, you will only need one. Despite how it looks on its own, when compared to other similar pinks, it is a bit less bright and more muted, but it's not at all dusty.

Direct sunlight 

Indirect natural light

I had to color balance my comparison photos for Rose Exubérant because my camera made them seem so similar.

Direct sunlight

My closest Chanel polishes are #619 Pink Tonic, which is lighter, brighter, and more blue-based. #489 Rose Insolent is lighter, a bit brighter, and warmer. I forgot about #537 Riviera, but it is much lighter and cooler.

Indirect natural light

Orly in Blushing Bud is lighter, brighter, and cooler (lighter but not as cool as Pink Tonic). China Glaze in Fuchsia Fanatic is a brighter and a bit cooler. Finally, China Glaze in Wicked Style is brighter and a bit warmer. I could not get Rose Exubérant to show up quite right in this set, but it is more muted than the other three polishes shown.

So what are your must haves? I love Troublante and Singulière. Rose Exuberant is a nice polish, but pinks don't usually excite me as much.

Comments

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back